[nSLUG] php troubleshooting and weblog software

billdavidson at eastlink.ca billdavidson at eastlink.ca
Mon Jul 24 22:45:18 ADT 2006

Hi:

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006, Vikram Chhatre wrote:

> I found one application that required only php, but unfortunately the php
> installation on my Slack10.2 box is not working, which brings me to my second
> question.  I have following package installed:
>
> /var/log/packages
>
> php-apache2-5.0.4-i486-1spi

Hmm, that is not an official Slackware package.  That seems to be some
apache-2+php package somebody rolled up.  You'll do just fine though with
the standard Slackware packages:

apache-1.3.33-i486-1  (actually, there's a patch called
apache-1.3.35-i486-2_slack10.2)

php-4.4.0-i486-4 (again, there's an upgrade called php-4.4.2-i486-3)

You can also use php5 from the "testing" packages, php-5.0.5-i486-1, but I
would probably just stick with the release versions.

As for libt1.so.5, it's in package t1lib-5.1.0-i486-1.

If I were you I would remove your apache-2 package and install the ones I
mentioned.  If you don't have CD's handy you can get the packages from any
Slackware mirror.

If you haven't already done so I also suggest you set up "swaret", either
from the "extras", or from the net.  It will help you keep your Slackware
installation up to date (automatically finding all the latest security
patches etc.).