[nSLUG] Linux firmware for Linksys WRT54GL

Paul wes902 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 21:36:40 ADT 2006

> One thing I need in particular is static DHCP:
> http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Static_DHCP
>
> I'm considering DD-WRT (www.dd-wrt.com) but I don't want to mess up my
> router or otherwise spend too much time on that project.
>
> Has anyone tried that firmware or comparable alternatives?

DD-WRT (you already covered it)
Sveasoft http://www.sveasoft.com
OpenWRT http://www.openwrt.net

(Note all of them are covered at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WRT54G#Third-party_firmware_projects )

Some notes. It is possible to corrupt your flash with one leaving the
system unbootable and you WILL void your warranty by flashing it.

  I run OpenWRT on 5 - 6 WRT54GL's and highly recommend it if you have
some time(If you just want to set some static IP's and forwards its
very quick) to set it up and configure it.

!DSPAM:44c5691f269117260116317!