[nSLUG] php troubleshooting and weblog software

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Mon Jul 24 21:32:20 ADT 2006

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006, Vikram Chhatre wrote:

> My first question is:  Do you know of any blogging application that does not
> use php/mysql and is simple of install and use?  I would like to be able to
> edit / format blogs, add pictures, in short html blogs.

Try Blosxom (http://www.blosxom.com/). Requires Perl and not much else for
the core feature set. Takes plain text files and uses them as the basis
for blog posts, and you can embed html in the text files for any markup
(eg, pictures) you want to do. I've used it before on other projects with
success.

MySQL is easy enough to install and set up, though.

Cheers... Dop.

!DSPAM:44c5669c266632065968559!