[nSLUG] php troubleshooting and weblog software

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Mon Jul 24 19:17:24 ADT 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 16:25 -0500, Vikram Chhatre wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> I have a couple of questions, but some background info before that.  I
> currently run a simple html website for the research lab I work at.  It
> lets us update results of experiments on a daily/weekly basis so that my
> boss can see it from home and when he's out of town.  So far, simple
> handwritten html has served our needs, but now I would like to
> incorporate a blog for myself and a couple more users so that we can
> keep a detailed record of progress made for future reviews.  Most of the
> blogging applications I found on Sourceforge need php and mysql which
> would be an overkill, particularly mysql.
>
> My first question is:  Do you know of any blogging application that does
> not use php/mysql and is simple of install and use?  I would like to be
> able to edit / format blogs, add pictures, in short html blogs.

If you are not storing pictures in the database, then look at the CSV
module for perl.  Its a flat file system.  Its okay for small stuff, but
if you are going to be keep records and searching.  I would bite the
bullet and configure mysql.  Its work it in the long run, in case the
site expands and more users are added, or more items of interest are
added, your site could scale nicely.  :) less future headaches.

Remember to setup database backups - easy to automate.

If you are enabling tag entry, be sure to limit the available commands.
this will help keep your site secure and eliminate any security flaws.

> I found one application that required only php, but unfortunately the
> php installation on my Slack10.2 box is not working, which brings me to
> my second question.  I have following package installed:
>
> /var/log/packages
>
> php-apache2-5.0.4-i486-1spi
>
> The apache part works fine, but php doesn't.  If /usr/bin/php is
> executed, following error is returned:
>
> error while loading shared libraries: libt1.so.5: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory.
>
> I searched on linuxpackages.net but could not find libt1.so.5.  Any ideas?

t1lib (Type 1 font rasterizer library)
t1lib-5.1.0-i486-1.txt

check /usr/lib

if its there, check your /etc/ld.so.conf file, make sure /usr/lib is in
the list, if not add it, save, and reload it  ldconfig
then try again

Regards,
Rich

!DSPAM:44c546f8244952132157903!