[nSLUG] php troubleshooting and weblog software

Vikram Chhatre crypticlineage at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 18:25:57 ADT 2006

Hello everyone

I have a couple of questions, but some background info before that.  I
currently run a simple html website for the research lab I work at.  It
lets us update results of experiments on a daily/weekly basis so that my
boss can see it from home and when he's out of town.  So far, simple
handwritten html has served our needs, but now I would like to
incorporate a blog for myself and a couple more users so that we can
keep a detailed record of progress made for future reviews.  Most of the
blogging applications I found on Sourceforge need php and mysql which
would be an overkill, particularly mysql.

My first question is:  Do you know of any blogging application that does
not use php/mysql and is simple of install and use?  I would like to be
able to edit / format blogs, add pictures, in short html blogs.

I found one application that required only php, but unfortunately the
php installation on my Slack10.2 box is not working, which brings me to
my second question.  I have following package installed:

/var/log/packages

php-apache2-5.0.4-i486-1spi

The apache part works fine, but php doesn't.  If /usr/bin/php is
executed, following error is returned:

error while loading shared libraries: libt1.so.5: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory.

I searched on linuxpackages.net but could not find libt1.so.5.  Any ideas?

Thank you.

Vikram Chhatre
Vanderbilt University
Nashville, TN