[nSLUG] Penguins on ice as debian logo

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sat Jul 8 15:23:30 ADT 2006

Rich wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 23:14 -0300, D G Teed wrote:
>
>> I saw a project which used an image of wild
>> penguins.  In describing the artwork it linked
>> to an Antarctic research station website.
>>
>> I browsed some of their photos and I started
>> seeing parts of the Debian logo swirl here and there.
>>
>> With a few minutes of clone tool I had an interesting image.
>>
>> Here is a small version of it I thought some
>> of you would enjoy seeing.
>>

> cool idea. hehe. They should have added a little hole in the center,
> make it look like they were coming out of the water, and rotate
> their bodies to make it appear its spiraling outward.

My understanding is that Donald did this himself.  So unless he has his
own personal team of performing penguins at his disposal, there is no
"them".

Nice work, Donald!  This reminded me of Lars Wirzenius' recent blog post
in which he exhibits a swirl done with photographs of Debian developers
using metapixel:

http://liw.iki.fi/liw/log/2006-07.html#20060707b

Ben

!DSPAM:44aff82396881000277027!