[nSLUG] Bad connection via Aliant

Stephen Gregory nslug at kernelpanic.ca
Fri Jul 7 21:45:00 ADT 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-07 at 13:23 -0300, Tyler Smith wrote:

> fine for WindowsXP on the same machine, but when I'm running Etch I get
> very slow connection, and I get 'problem loading page' errors most of
> the time.

My guesss is that you need to lower the mtu of ppp0. I think all you
need to do is edit /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider. Try 1452 or even 1412.

If the Debian box is acting as a router you will need to clamp mss as
well. I have no idea how that is done under Debian these days.

--
sg

!DSPAM:44af003715095906866390!