[nSLUG] Partition full would like advice

J. Paul Bissonnette jpaulb at eastlink.ca
Mon Jul 3 18:45:17 ADT 2006

I thought I would seek advice before I screw up my Debian installation.

/usr is almost full, I thought I could split it into /usb, /usb/share,
/usb/lib and use some spare space elsewhere in the disk. I don't think
there are any files in either that are required during boot up.

Will this work? Make 2 new partitions out of some of the free space,
copy /usb/share into one and /usb/lib into the other. Append the fstab
to reflect the changes, mount the 2 new partitions, then delete the dirs
out of /usb.

The other thing I was thinking about was LVM; but I have never used this
and am quite clueless as how to proceed.

Thanks

--

J. Paul Bissonnette
http://canadian-dream.com