[NSLUG] [OT] What's WebGuard.Cab?

Paul wes902 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 09:16:07 AST 2006

On 1/23/06, Mike Spencer <mspencer at tallships.ca> wrote:
> After grovelling through Google, I'm no wiser.  My curiosity is
> aroused: If this is a defensive security thing, why are these machines
> probing me?  If it's some kind of malware, how come I can't google
> anything that reports it as such?

Yep, sounds your on the right track (some sort of malware).
Try searching http://www.castlecops.com they have tons of information
from hijack this logs. If not I'm sure someone there can help out with
the question.

> CLASSID="CLSID:E1E0FB30-7830-4dc2-8443-0EAB9695A421"
> WIDTH=0 HEIGHT=0 CODEBASE="WebGuard.cab#version=1,0,0,9">

You will get some results if you search the CLSID:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=E1E0FB30-7830-4dc2-8443-0EAB9695A421&btnG=Search

!DSPAM:43d4d719284546769313608!