[nSLUG] OT: New to the area - need help with food search

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Mon Jan 2 17:14:37 AST 2006

Hi,

Sorry for going off topic, I was checking the web trying to find
anything in the area.  I usually find out about shops and restaurants by
word of mouth.

Do you know any place I can get Polish Sausage, like kielbasa, or other
foods like lekvar cookies, walnut roll, or poppyseed rolls.  I moved to
Halifax from a large Eastern European area in Pennsylvania.  I miss a
lot these foods.

I found some good Greek restaurants, a few Chinese restaurants.  The
pizza is okay, doesn't match up to the Old Forge / New York styles.
Italian restaurants are a bit different here.  Philly steak subs are a
little different. I learned to like Donairs. :)

I tasted goat for the first time at the Taj Mahal. It was really good. I
enjoy the Seafood.  Never had fish this fresh. There are some really
good steak houses too. Mexican is very good.  Found a few descent family
restaurants.

We checked out the Farmer's Market :) Will be going there more often.

Thanks for any help and look forward to your recommendations.

Regards,
Rich

!DSPAM:43b99608198361723516090!