[nSLUG] Debian drift-->Nothing in /etc/apt/sources.list -->>sources.old, Yes

Robert Ashley rb.ashley at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 00:32:35 AST 2006

I checked /etc/apt/sources.list to see if I could see where I'm at,
nomenclature-wise.

No text there....blank...  huh?

Then I checked /etc/apt/sources.list.old

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main

$ cat /etc/debian_version
3.1

[Per APT HOWTO <
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-basico.en.html>] I tried:

debian:/# apt-get install netselect
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Couldn't find package netselect

Is this because there's nothing in /etc/sources.list for Debian to point to?

Assumption: Need mirrors in /etc/apt/sources.list to update/upgrade.
Assumption: Thought apt-get install netselect would get me started on that.

Any help in clarifying my confusion much appreciated.

Thanks,

bob

!DSPAM:440280e6303711777721427!