[nSLUG] Debian nomenclature drift [novice]

Stephen Gregory nslug at kernelpanic.ca
Sat Feb 25 18:04:49 AST 2006

On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 05:49:38PM -0400, Robert Ashley wrote:

> few months. That's the "do nothing" part. I was still doing apt-get updates.

did you run an upgrade, dist-upgrade, or install? If not you still
have a Sarge/Stable system.

Even if you installed a Etch/Testing package you can revert to
Sarge. The tricky part is finding which packages are Sarge, and which
are Etch. I run a mixed Sarge with some Sid system. It is a tricky
balance, and I am not sure I would recommend it.

--
sg

!DSPAM:4400d484242861258192393!