[nSLUG] Debian nomenclature drift [novice]

Robert Ashley rb.ashley at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 17:49:38 AST 2006

On 2/25/06, Stephen Gregory <nslug at kernelpanic.ca> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 01:12:18PM -0400, Ben Armstrong wrote:
>
> After the release of Sarge testing users had their own problems. For
> several weeks (at least 6) after Sarge was released Etch/Testing was
> broken (bugs ranged from inconvinient to system stop). Many packages
> in Sid/Unstable that had been held back for the release were suddenly
> uploaded into Etch. Users who wanted to track Testing would have been
> better to stick with Sarge until some of those bugs were worked out.

Yeah,  at  the  time Sarge went stable, I perceived a flurry of irritations
among users much more advanced that me. So I figured I'd hole up, wait for a
few months. That's the "do nothing" part. I was still doing apt-get updates.

>From what Ben says, though, it appears "doing nothing" meant my system
drifted into the Etch repository pool anyhoo.

bob ashley

!DSPAM:4400d0f6241998826321448!