[nSLUG] Debian nomenclature drift [novice]

Stephen Gregory nslug at kernelpanic.ca
Sat Feb 25 12:16:39 AST 2006

On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 06:49:36AM -0400, Robert Ashley wrote:

> Am I still in 'testing'? Have I drifted into Etch by doing nothing?

What do you mean by "doing nothing?" In addition to what Ben wrote, if
you haven't updated your apt package lists (apt-get update) then you
are still running sarge.

Because of this drifting problem I encourage everyone to use the
release codenames (Sarge, Etch, Sid) in apt/sources.list. This is not
the default, you need to change it yourself with a text editor.

--
sg

!DSPAM:44008418222381359520632!