[nSLUG] Distributions and Dependencies

Donald Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 12:54:22 AST 2006

Hi,

I was going to make a comment about dependancies and
package management, but after thinking about it, I suspect
that perhaps this is an area that has matured in Linux,
across all distributions.

I suspect that anyone's view of what is robust
is likely coloured favourably by the distros they have
used in the last 3 years versus the ones they have avoided
in the last 3 years but had used prior to that.

Gentoo is partly exempt from that trend, because they don't
understand or give importance to QA and probably never will.

Debian is an example someone may have been stung
by once in the past, and it is remarkably good now.

--Donald

On 2/24/06, Joseph Dunn <me at joedunn.com> wrote:

!DSPAM:43ff3a3f172152116712358!