[nSLUG] Keep loosing internet connection

Paul wes902 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 19:48:09 AST 2006

 Setup a ping to run 24/7 looking for data loss pinging your next link
out past your cable modem and ping the cable modem itself. (mtr is
nice just ping the next hop outside your modem hit O then LSD to
display dropped packets)

 Have you checked your modem's logs to correlate to see if it has
dropped offline during the periods you have experienced loss
connection?

 Have you spoken to anyone past tier 1? They can set your modem in
network weather (sp?) to monitor its link for long periods of time.