[nSLUG] Debian on SPARC - keyboard problem

ricardd at mathstat.dal.ca ricardd at mathstat.dal.ca
Sun Feb 5 15:13:23 AST 2006

Hello,
At the InstallFest yesterday I brought my older Sun Ultra10 box. It ran
Debian stable and I was interested in moving to Debian testing. So I did
the proposed updates and upgrades with an appropriate sources.list:

# apt-get update
# apt-get -t stable upgrade
# apt-get -t stable dist-upgrade
# apt-get -t testing upgrade
# apt-get -t testing dist-upgrade

The machine churned most of the night and the upgrade to testing seemed
complete this morning.

However, now the Sun mouse and keyboards are not recognised and I can't do
anything at the login screen. It's bizarre since the keyboard keys are OK
at the boot prompt but not at the login screen.

Are there arguments that I can use at the boot prompt to fix this?
Otherwise, what can I do?
Cheers,

Dan

!DSPAM:43e64e54251801032148348!