[nSLUG] Palm TX sync with jpilot??

J. Paul Bissonnette jpaulb at eastlink.ca
Thu Dec 28 08:54:39 AST 2006

Thanks for the help Rich, I've bookmarked those sites.

Rich wrote:

>I wish I had a Palm to play with the connection (maybe one day) to help
>you out.

Buy a PDA that uses Linux saves the aggravation. Archos had a PMA 400.
http://archos.com they clain they will have a new one out soon.

>I did a few searches, here are a few more interesting apps that may
>work.  It shows a few more apps for Palms.
>
>http://tuxmobil.org/pda_linux_palm.html
>

>Here is a decent site that explains wireless
>

>http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/wireless/How_it_Works.htm
>

>Hope this helps.
>

>Regards,
>Rich
>
>I got one of those USB lan dongles to work in Linux.
>Not bad, but I found the range kind of sux.  It wasn't mine, a friend
>asked me to configure their PC for Linux.  If anyone has to install
>these, get the latest driver and all works fine.

I am using an ASUS WL-330g wireless adaptor on an old IBM A30 laptop
which runs as a thin client.

>I've also been busy with a new camera, works nice on Linux - literally
>plug and play these days.  gphoto2 and libphoto2 are great tools!  :)
>Many of the new cameras are using the PTP interface.

They are good. I can actually active the shutter on the canon G1 from
gphoto2. Some of the Pentax do not work: but are seen as mass storage
devices.