[nSLUG] Palm TX sync with jpilot??

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Thu Dec 28 01:37:23 AST 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-27 at 17:43 -0400, J. Paul Bissonnette wrote:
> OOPs foot in mouth disease again, was thinking of some other prog that
> acted as a plug-in for Jpilot. I did try this with a different failure.
> I am running LTSP wireless thin client on a structured network. I
> honestly do not know that much about networking, the difference in
> set-up between an Ad-Hoc and a structured net work. This would be nice,
> no USB.
>
> What is my main wish is to be able to sync the Palm with the database in
> OpenOffice, preferably without evolution or installing KDE.

I wish I had a Palm to play with the connection (maybe one day) to help
you out.

I did a few searches, here are a few more interesting apps that may
work.  It shows a few more apps for Palms.

http://tuxmobil.org/pda_linux_palm.html

Here is a decent site that explains wireless

http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/wireless/How_it_Works.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rich

I got one of those USB lan dongles to work in Linux.
Not bad, but I found the range kind of sux.  It wasn't mine, a friend
asked me to configure their PC for Linux.  If anyone has to install
these, get the latest driver and all works fine.

I've also been busy with a new camera, works nice on Linux - literally
plug and play these days.  gphoto2 and libphoto2 are great tools!  :)
Many of the new cameras are using the PTP interface.

!DSPAM:4593580e88131896189641!