[nSLUG] Palm TX sync with jpilot??

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Sun Dec 24 15:23:52 AST 2006

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, J. Paul Bissonnette wrote:

> Has anyone succeeded to make a palm TX sync with jpilot.

Not a TX, but I've done it with a Tungsten W and Treo 650.

> I am running Debian testing with Gnome 2.14 jpilot 0.99.9.2.
> I have not been able to sync with  jpilot, although I can with Evolution.
> I have an old Palm Vx which syncs with both over /dev/ttyS0,
>
> For the TX I set
> Jpilot -> preference -> Port setting  is /dev/ttyUSB1
> gnome-pilot device to /dev/ttyUSB1 for Evolution
>
> I missing something, any suggestions?

Start the TX sycing first before you fire off jpilot syncing, and
(assuming you're using udev) point apps at /dev/pilot as the USB ports can
sometimes get held open, and on the next sync /dev/ttyUSB2 and 3 get
allocated instead.

The Tungsten always worked fine, but the 650 is quite a bit more finicky
and can take a few sync attempts before it "catches". For some reason,
running jpilot-sync from the command line instead of firing it off from
jpilot works first time more often. I have no reasonable explanation for
this.

Cheers... Dop.

!DSPAM:458ed3da138911581937722!