[nSLUG] Redhat and minimal X-less install

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 20:06:45 AST 2006

It has been awhile since I've used Redhat and
in those days I always ran X on it.

For a server in debian I'd do a minimal install,
and then add packages as I please.
In Redhat Enterprise I saw a reference to the package
management running in terminal mode, but the
RPM for it has X-related dependancies.
Has anyone been able to set up a server without
X-Windows and add packages with deep dependancies
after the install?

Is it just me, or is Disk Druid wacky with renaming
partition numbers as extended partitions are added?
It took me awhile to set up mirrored disks the
way I wanted, due to the odd shuffling it does.

--Donald

!DSPAM:457df29896742028815373!