[nSLUG] Re Linux Distros

Bill Davidson billdavidson at eastlink.ca
Mon Dec 4 14:20:46 AST 2006

I also used that distro for a while, to run a commercial application
that would only run on that or RedHat.  I agree that it is quite decent,
and certainly cost-effective compared to RHE.  However, I only ran it on
vanilla hardware.

The installation was pretty painless as I recall, and it was easy to
configure a bare-bones server with very few "extra" services running.