[nSLUG] Re Linux Distros

Jim Haliburton jim at on-site.ns.ca
Mon Dec 4 13:25:32 AST 2006

We have been using Centos since verison 3.x and have found it works well
in the server room.  Has recognized every piece of hardware including
some raid arrays correctly.  Also recently installed it on an Intel S5000
based current generation Xeon based M/B. SATA based mirroring.  Broke the
mirror and rebuilt as a test.

Testing in this latter config continues, but it will be our OS for the
next couple of years.  Will be buying the RAID 5 key from Intel for the
next set of testing.

Jim H

James A. Haliburton
On-Site Computer Services of Halifax
Suite 100, 25 Walton Drive
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada     B3N 1X6
Office/ Cell           : (902)499-5250
Home/After Hours : (902)477-8342
e-mail      : jim at on-site.ns.ca

Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office attachments.

!DSPAM:45745bf372271054559774!