[nSLUG] Re:..shell command output AND input to text file [was] got one mouse working -

Stephen Gregory nslug at kernelpanic.ca
Wed Aug 16 09:30:13 ADT 2006

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 08:57:39AM -0300, Robert Ashley wrote:

> I think that since I'm still in the basic install stage, I'll take
> your advice, switch horses and go to Etch. Stability is not an issue
> for me, this is mainly leisure for me. No big stakes.

I would recommend against Etch/testing. It is a developer
release. That said many people use it without too many serious
problems. Consider the Debian based Ubuntu instead. Ubuntu with Gnome
is one of the better desktop systems (of any OS) I have ever used.

The only problem I had with Ubuntu is that Gnome is a real pig on my
spare P3 1GHz, 512MB ram, rage128 system. I suspect that the Gnome in
Etch is no better.

--
sg

!DSPAM:44e311ac202394880746881!