[nSLUG] Follow-up (Debian, no X window)..got one mouse working -

Robert Ashley rb.ashley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 19:17:58 ADT 2006

The USB mouse as a USB mouse with /dev/input/mice doesn't work. The
config blocks the auto launch of X window. It tries three times
monitor off/on, off/on, off/on then console. When I invoke

#startx

I get (among other text in the script)
"(EE) xf86 Open Service: Cannot open input device. No such device."

This box has two usb ports.  I've tried the usb mouse in both.

Might there be any clues in the initial start-up script? How can I
read this script? During execution it scrolls by so fast.

Thanks,

Bob