[nSLUG] Re: Progress!! [More on deja vu with X Windows/Debian prob]

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Tue Aug 15 13:23:20 ADT 2006

> Do not edit the X config by hand unless you really need to. Use the
> distro's built in tools.

Learning is fun :)
Just save copies and more copies before playing.

If you notice the displays are dark, change your Gamma = 1.3 (makes it
nice and bright)

Also, using TTF fonts - I added nearly 500+ TTF fonts, adding to the
font paths.  Makes GIMP very cool.  Xorg has gotten better at handling
TTF font files - less crashes. I used to run the Xfont service that way,
you just recycle the service, and X doesn't blow out.  No need to do
that these days. There have been many improvements. :)

--
Rich <budman85 at eastlink.ca>

!DSPAM:44e1f4f8156783435639204!