[nSLUG] Re: Progress!! [More on deja vu with X Windows/Debian prob]

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Tue Aug 15 02:31:43 ADT 2006

> Well, once you get these two values - it will determine the modlines
> needed. So no need to calc those anymore. :)

"*It* will determine"? *What* will determine? You mean that all you
need in xorg.conf is the hsynch and vsynch values and the right driver
name in Section "Device" and X (in my case xorg) will figure out all
the rest?  I can just elide the modelines from xorg.conf?

FWIW, it seems like learning to use install/setup menus to get X
working right is just as tedious and error prone as learning
to manually edit xorg.conf/XF86Config.

- Mike

                                                           /V\

!DSPAM:44e1593f129486105121197!