[nSLUG] new Sarge, no X

Robert Ashley rb.ashley at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 17:27:58 ADT 2006

Hi Jack, Oliver,

I'm going to first retrace my installation steps then I'll try your
prescriptions. Thanks for weighing in.

Oliver, actually I've wanted to play with Ubuntu. I'm glad you asked.
I've got the Dapper CD. I tried to install it before doing this
current Debian installation. Unfortunately, Ubuntu could not find
either of the two SCSI hard drives in what was an old server box.
Ubuntu just hung up, spinning its wheels, at that step. So I gave it a
Two-Minutes-For-Delay-of-Game penalty and sent it to the penalty box.
Debian then hopped the boards onto the ice.

Debian had no probs with sda and sdb.  I've got Windows on sda and put
Debian on sdb.

Got a tip on how I can get Ubuntu to recognize the two Seagate 18.5
gig SCSI drives? BTW, Ubuntu recognized the same video stuff that I'm
trying to get Debian to recognize. That's with Ubuntu live CD. Worked
fine.

Thanks,

Bob