[nSLUG] More on deja vu with X Windows/Debian prob

Stephen Gregory nslug at kernelpanic.ca
Sun Aug 13 13:08:00 ADT 2006

On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 09:46:12AM -0300, Robert Ashley wrote:
> Can't launch x windows on new Debian sarge install. Could I have
> messed up something with the video card or mouse selections during the
> install itself?

That would not explain the error you are seeing.

Could you describe what you did in the install process to install
gnome and X. Did you use dselect or tasksel? IIRC both are offered at
install time. I want to try and recreate what you did to install
Debian.

While you are at it install x-window-system-core just in case you
don't have the X server installed.

# apt-get install x-window-system-core

--
sg