[nSLUG] Deja Vu all over again - Sarge new install, no X Windows

Robert Ashley rb.ashley at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 08:40:15 ADT 2006

Did a completely fresh net install of Debian Sarge last night, new
ISO, new CD, completely different machine...but get the exact same
problem I had  way back in March. No X Windows. See message below from
March 2006 archives. Deja vu all over again.

What should I do next?  The archive shows several attempted
workarounds, all of which I appreciated, but unfortunately didn't get
gnome up and running.

What's a good next action?

Thanks,

bob