[nSLUG] Adaptec raid controller 29320ALP-R and debian installer

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 15:54:10 ADT 2006

Hi,

I've learned that the Adaptec raid controller 29320ALP-R
is supported in Linux kernel as regular SCSI adapter
but not as Raidhost mode.  Adaptec now supplies
source code to build your own module.  Of course
it would be nice to install onto it first.

I found a bit of a guide on minus-9.com :

http://minus-9.com/index.php?title=installing_debian_3_0_woody_with_adaptec&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#feedbacks

However his link to the rescue disk is broken and I wonder if
there is something new within Debian 3.1 that would be
an option.  I've already tried the unofficial installer ISO
with the 2.6.16 kernel, available here:

http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/

That doesn't make any change.

I'm going to try for building a a320raid module which I can load from floppy
within the installer, and hopefully that will get me somewhere.

If someone has dealt with this type of controller from Debian before
I'd like to hear how it was managed.

--Donald

!DSPAM:44db80d916366303959025!