[nSLUG] Re: nSLUG Digest, Vol 27, Issue 7

Stephen Gregory nslug at kernelpanic.ca
Thu Apr 13 14:23:33 ADT 2006

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 01:10:37PM -0300, Craig MacEachern wrote:

> Tried all the text booting options I could find on the cds (noprobe, rescue,
> noddc, forcing resolutions, and others, in a few different distros, including
> trying Live Cds)

Did you try acpi=off ?

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?p=1342696#post1342696

I have found two similar posts for Compaq SR1xxxNX computers.

If the machine is reboots early in the boot process adding a different
video card is unlikely to help. It is possibly a buggy bios or driver
issue. In the past I had to use a custom stripped down kernel on buggy
machines. To install the OS I transplanted the harddrive to another machine.

--
sg

!DSPAM:443e8917309882043218672!