[nSLUG] Multi-distribution install problem

Craig MacEachern whiskey.fuelled at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 18:10:19 ADT 2006

I'm using a Compaq Presario model number SR1110NX (512 MB ram, 2.4 Ghz
Celeron processor). I've tried 3 different distributions: Redhat Fedora Core
5, Ubuntu 5.10, and Debian 3.1 (Sarge).

My problem is that when I boot from the install cds, after I try to enter
the main install stage the computer reboots everytime. I get past the
to initialize the monitor and it fails. I've tried advanced starts by
specifying no probes, and vga mode, and every other mode possible that is
listed under the f1 help menus. Still the same problem.

I've checked the md5 checksum on each cd, and they are ok so the cds aren't
bad (I'm burning at 4x too). I've checked bios settings and made sure that
it only boots off cd and checks for nothing else. I have windows xp
installed, if that may be a problem?

Any ideas on the cause of the rebooting? If you need any other information
at all I'll gladly find out, I'm frustrated and close to giving up.

!DSPAM:443acb6b217331381875140!