[nSLUG] Mail movement issue

Bill Davidson bdavidso at supercity.ns.ca
Thu Sep 29 09:42:06 ADT 2005

Hi:

OK, first of all, what do the remote servers say when you try to send
them mail?  Is the mail rejected or bounced?  There will always be a
response from the server, and it will be in the mail logs.

Second, is your mail server configured to relay through its upstream
SMTP relay?  If you have an IP address from, eg., Eastlink, then in all
likelihood a lot of servers will see your mail as coming from a dynamic
or consumer IP address, and will not accept mail from you.  However, if
you relay through smtp.eastlink.ca, you should have no problems.