[nSLUG] Static IP woes

Stephen Gregory nslug at kernelpanic.ca
Thu Sep 22 14:38:40 ADT 2005

Donald Teed wrote:

> Personally, I don't think nslookup should be depreciated.
> I'm not aware of any problems it has, and it seems more quick
> to test with than dig.

I believe development had stopped on nslookup some time ago. The last
time I used nslookup it did not support some newer record types such as
AAAA (ipv6).

Dig is slow. Use one of the two 'host' packages instead. One version of
host ships with the BIND dns server. The other version of host is older.
Both are similar but (ofcourse) have a different command line syntax.

--
sg

!DSPAM:4332ec23169391591914896!