[nSLUG] Static IP woes

Jason Kenney jason at ohm.ath.cx
Wed Sep 21 16:00:32 ADT 2005

Nothing is wrong with those, assuming they are installed. Ping is almost
always installed, the other two aren't. There is also uncertainty about
those, since one of them was supposed to be deprecated, wasn't it?

But my point was that using ping to test DNS is fine, you don't need to
actually receive ICMP replies to know that the dns is resolving correctly.

Jason