[nSLUG] Static IP woes

Bill Davidson bdavidso at supercity.ns.ca
Tue Sep 20 15:09:02 ADT 2005

Hi:

I was thinking that you meant that Eastlink had given you an additional,
static IP address as well as your dynamic one, which doesn't make much
sense, so please disregard most of my last post.

However, you could still take the router out of the equation all
together and see if the linux box, configured with that static IP
address, can access the internet.  You could then put a second NIC in
that box and use it as a router, and use the Linksys just as a wireless
AP.