[nSLUG] DHCP/DNS client-side question

Rick Wightman wightman at nb.sympatico.ca
Sat Sep 17 20:00:47 ADT 2005

Good Eve,

This past week my Aliant connection has been spotty, and finally last
night I had some time to investigate. Seems that the connection is
good, and I can successfully ping by IP, but that name resolution is up
and down. Don't know what others have to say, but until recently this
past week or so things have been good. So my solution is to take a
desktop machine on FC4 and to set up caching bind, and alter the
linksys router to use this machine as the first DNS entry, then the
others.

I'm unable to determine from what tools I know how to check that the
new resolver settings are being transferred by DHCP to clients. Can
anyone help out?

Thanks,

Rick Wightman

!DSPAM:432ca03035301208013739!