[nSLUG] Thin Clients has anyone experence with them?

Miles Thompson miles at allnovascotia.com
Wed Sep 14 11:11:49 ADT 2005

Go to tigerdirect.ca and search for "off lease". There's also an outfit in
Dartmouth that sells off-lease gear, and Jim Haliburton directed me to
company called MightyMax about 4 yr ago. Maybe they're now tigerdirect?

Supply of this stuff is pretty volatile; sometimes the "carefully inspect"
amounts to a basic OS install and a blast of compressed air. Have to say
this, when I did get a bad system MightMax arranged for a swap *without*
waiting for the system I was returning to reach them.

The tough discipline on these systems is to use them as-is - maybe
replacing a bad NIC. "Upgrading" pushes them towards the price of a newer
system really quickly, but you still have the old CPU, etc.

Cheers - Miles