[nSLUG] distributed computing projects for linux clients?

Jeff Warnica jeff at coherentnetworksolutions.com
Mon Oct 31 16:06:13 AST 2005

dnet has the source code available, but intentionaly castrated - missing
the networking and file buffer capabilities. Public distributed
computing has a similar gotcha as does network gaming, that of client
cheating, In general, I think any project that has source available, it
is for inspection only - actual production use would requied an official
binary. That said, dnet does have clients for Sparc on Linux,
net/free/openbsd, and solaris/sunos.