[nSLUG] Multihomed VPN client machine and local LAN access

JPL jplaflamme at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 14:10:12 ADT 2005

At my work we use a vpn connection to manage our email
server. When connected to the vpn it disables local lan
access. I would like to figure out a way to be able to
connect to the vpn but still have local lan access. There
is no chance of a change being made to the vpn server.
I'm using the cisco vpn client for linux on a multihomed
workstation. I would like the vpn client to just use eth0
for it's vpn connection but leave eth1 alone for local
lan access. Both nics are on the same network (10.13.x.x)
with static IPs. Is there some way I can mess with the
routes to force this to happen or does it seem like it
may just not be possible?

For the local lan access to work normally, the vpn server
must also have local lan access allowed for clients (ie:
just setting it on the client does nothing).

Any useful suggestions or resources would be much
appreciated. I've checked (and am still checking) the
usual internet suspects (cisco, google...) currently
without any luck.

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

!DSPAM:43567e96319451966314565!