[nSLUG] Hardware free to a good home

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Wed Oct 12 09:59:34 ADT 2005

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Goodyear, Patrick wrote:

> I know it has been since May, but you had listed a Quantum Prodrive LPS
> 525S SCSI drive.   Do you still have it available I need one my HP only
> recognizes that drive and I don't know how to change it.

Which model HP is it? I have an HP-PA 9000/715 that has 5 drives attached,
ranging from a 1GB Quantum to a 36 gig Seagate, without any problem. I
don't think you need to make any changes in the PDC, just do "search
scsi" to scan for SCSI drives to make sure it's picking up the hardware OK
(ie, right SCSI ID and termination).

If it's one of the older NetServers you should be OK, I think the only
problem there would be obtaining drive sleds. If I recall correctly (and
it's been a few years since I touched a NetServer) the drive sled itself
takes care of termination and SCSI ID - I think there's a label on the
inside of the tray that tells you how to set it.

Cheers... Dop.

!DSPAM:434d08ba308587731236093!