[nSLUG] mail be directed to junk folder

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Sat Oct 1 23:31:38 ADT 2005

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005, rejean chamberland wrote:

> I was just going to reply saying that it hasn't
> happened to me with Aliant High-Speed, Sympatico at
> this moment using Ubuntu ( but that's irrelevant).
> When I noticed 2 emails in my Yahoo.ca email account
> Bulk folder. Thought they probably were junk mail and
> not related to your enquiry but sure enough they where
> from nslug ( from Rowan Townshend dated Sept.29).

If Rolana is having mail from Rowan bounced into the Spam folder, it may
be because the first hop of the Received header in Rowan's mail has a HELO
from RFC1918 space:

     (24.222.13.130) by ip04.eastlink.ca with ESMTP;
     Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:23:49 -0300

Add in the fact that 24.222.13.130 is more than likely on a DUL somewhere
and I would guess that that is the reason the mail probably scored enough
to push it into the spam folder.

Cheers... Dop.

!DSPAM:433f469a208107775917844!