[nSLUG] dot issue seems to be a mailing list bug

Jeff Warnica jeff at coherentnetworksolutions.com
Wed Nov 30 22:53:33 AST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 22:03 -0400, Donald Teed wrote:

> I do remember receiving emails with ">From" showing where
> I had input "From", but I've also tested that, and at least
> with pine and postfix, this is no longer a problem.  Perhaps
> the RFC mentions a solution similar to the dot problem.

I dont think that that paticular problem is with any mail transmission
method, but (possibly an echo of) the "traditional unix mbox" un-format.
My guess would be that someone replying with a MUA to a message that was
stored in that non format by a different MUA (or possibly even by the
same MUA on a bad day).

All Hail JWZ:  http://www.jwz.org/doc/content-length.html

!DSPAM:438e6610314611001654924!