[nSLUG] dot issue seems to be a mailing list bug

Donald Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 20:02:08 AST 2005

The SMTP server at Gmail, and my own postfix, can email a message containing
a line starting with the dot and by itself (and a blank line before and
after)
and continue sending lines after that.

Email processed by the mailing list server is truncating the message.

I too have used raw SMTP and know about the . used to end the message block,
but that isn't what is happening in this case.  It would be interesting to
know how
MTA + SMTP servers are normally able to ignore an instance of this.

--Donald

!DSPAM:438e3d81304145133616354!