[nSLUG] Truncated Message

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Wed Nov 30 10:24:12 AST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 17:50 -0400, Jack Warkentin wrote:
> I sent a message that had 3 consecutive lines each containing only a .
> (period) in the first column. My email client (kmail) tells me that
> it was sent correctly both times. However, both times the message was
> truncated just above the first of those lines. Is this a problem with
> my email client or with the nSLUG server software?

Odd.  Now, mailx (command-line mail client) sees a period on a line by
itself as the end of your message, so maybe this is a related issue?

Anyway, this message has a period in the first column on the next line,
followed by my closing.  If you don't see "Ben" on the last line, it is
truncated.  If you do, I suspect the fault is with kmail, not the
mailing list software or the nslug mail server.