[nSLUG] Re: Java Installation Question & Success

Kevin Fleming kfleming at accesswave.ca
Mon Nov 28 12:34:54 AST 2005

> That should be:
>  export PATH=$PATH:$JRE_HOME/bin

Hello Donald:

	The old saw about why 'another pair of eyes' is true indeed!  I looked
at the script file and wondered why it wasn't doing its' job, and NOW I
know why.  Such a small thing, and I of course was too close to the
source to 'see' it.  I guess I am getting too reliant on syntax checking
apps to find and report errors, and I should be a bit more careful about
my scripts.

	I made the correction as you pointed out, and sure enough, the machine
now reports which version of java I have installed when I issue the
command 'java -version' at a user console session.  Thanks for pointing
that out to me.  I would never have gone back and looked at it, because
of course I had assumed it was correctly written.

	Thanks again.  I appreciate the timely response.  I'm going to have to
review my script syntax and coding habits.
--
Kevin Fleming

kfleming at accesswave.ca

21 Winterhill Road