[nSLUG] MPlayer problem in PCLinuxOS

rejean chamberland laudire2you at yahoo.ca
Wed Nov 23 12:05:53 AST 2005

 Hi all!
 It's me again. I tried to find the nslug archives and read what had been suggested for my video problem but I couldn't make sense of the nslug site anymore.
 Here is my situation. When I installed Xandros 3.0.2 I was able to go on CNN, CBC Halifax and Toronto web sites and view and listen to the newsclips without any problem.
 In Mandriva 2006 I had to install; MPlayer, win 32 codecs, xine-win32, real codecs, mplayer-plugins and xmms-alsa. I also had to install the Flash plug-ins and copy the libflashplayer.so and flashplayer.xpt to my /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ folder. So now I can go into CNN and the CBCs and see the news clips.
 I tried doing the same in PCLinuxOS 9.2 ( was just told yesterday that I didn't have to get the 9.3 version if I had all the updates) but I have 2 problems;
 1. Most of the time I get an error message telling that I couldn't fetch the file on line but half of the time the video start right after that.
 2. I am never able to close MPlayer, MPlayer-Video and the Error window. I can minimize them but cannot close them. I can open new ones but they just add up to the previous ones.
 Someone told me that if I do a Start=>Run and type Kill and click on an open window I can force a close but it doesn't work.
 Any suggestions will be appreciated!
 Thanks in advance,
 Réjean

http://mail.yahoo.com