[nSLUG] Re: anyone run their own mail server?

Joseph D. Adams adamsjd at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 09:18:01 AST 2005

I too have moved away from hosting my own e-mail due to the
restrictions imposed on non-commercial high speed accounts. Depending
on how much e-mail traffic is being received and how many distinct
accounts are required, another free solution is to use the DNS service
from http://www.zoneedit.com/ (free) and forwarding your e-mail to
gmail (free, with nice AJAX).

This is a bit off the original requests topic, but it is a good
solution for both sending and receiving email from a custom domain.

-Joe

On 11/10/05, Donald Teed <donald.teed at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I looked into this awhile ago, and I decided it was cheaper and more
> reliable to use OLM.net's email  only service than to buy the dynamic DNS
> mail  forwarder and port forwarding service from dyndns.org
>
>  It isn't much cheaper, but at $20/year they can provide better connectivity
> than I can with my changing IP and DSL..

!DSPAM:4373488b322942143218225!