[nSLUG] Need fix for plain text showing garbage in Mac (Word)

bob ashley ashley at chebucto.ca
Tue May 17 21:59:06 ADT 2005

Thanks Ben. Helpful as usual!

Oh, but I tried saving the original resume text from gedit as Current
Local ISO-8859. Nope, wouldn't let me, complaining about an 'invalid
byte sequence'. I tried opening and saving a new, fresh test file in
this format. That worked okay.

I also edited the file with vi [with the grace of a bull in a China
shop]. It seems to look okay.

Bob